Help us transform the Internet.
One of the most critical bedrocks of the Internet is the Domain Name System, the way that billions of Internet users find their way around the Web. Did you know 30% of all registered domain names have not yet been developed, and that millions of these domains could be put to use by new businesses if only there was an efficient, effective and secure way to connect domain name seller and domain name buyers? At NameMedia, we are building the platforms to do just that—and more—as we build a better Internet.
We live and breathe domain names. It is that passion for domain names that defines us, that drives us to succeed; and that starts with an all star team of domain name experts. If you’re the kind of person who loves domain names, and you’ve got mad Java Programming skills, we need to talk…you need to join us on our quest to re-envision the world of domain names!
We’ve got big data and we’re developing new ways to handle that data in Java. We’ve got a great team of top shelf innovators who love Java, architecture and writing groundbreaking reusable code to solve issues and profit on the rapidly shifting opportunities of the domain marketplace.
- World leader in domain sales and monetization
- Stable, profitable and growing Waltham MA based business
- Cutting edge development team of sharp, young innovators
- Attractive and compelling benefits package
- Rockstar Java programmer with the BS in CS and 3-10 years experience to prove it
- Eat data structures for lunch, crunch algorithms with barely a thought and dream in well structured OO designs
- Linux CLI is your life and you have root on the world
- Tame big data wherever it lives, be it Mysql, Oracle or any RDBMS
- Your fluent in Java, J2EE, SVN, GIT and know Eclipse so well it call’s you by your first name
Extra Credits Awarded for:
- Experience with Tomcat
- Experience with Shell Scripting
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Machine Learning / Recommendation systems
- Experience building/maintaining ETL systems
- Experience programming Hadoop and/or MapReduce
- Experience with Pig, Hive, HBase
- Experience with memcached or similar key-value storage systems
- Experience dealing with very large data sets (multiple TB and billions of data points)
The playing field:
The fact is, we work hard and have a lot of fun doing our job. We get excited about sharing some new Java language feature or optimization strategy. We work in a casual yet intellectually charged atmosphere in Waltham, MA. We offer, flexible schedules, fitness center access on site as well as a friendly open working space. We have a community kitchen loaded daily with snacks and a variety of beverages. In the summer months you will even find the ice cream truck visit us once a week!
As part of the NameMedia team you get:
- A feeling of accomplishing something genuinely useful to humanity.
- A competitive salary.
- 100% employer-covered health insurance (medical and dental).
- Stock options.
Come join one of the best engineering teams in the Boston area. If this sounds like the place for you, drop us a line at email@example.com and tell us about yourself. We are eager to meet you.